|On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
|• Understand the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor.
• Communicate, implement and feedback to their manager and their teams.
• Demonstrate confidence in their work.
• Be pro-active as opposed to re-active.
• Plan to meet objectives.
• Evaluate and interpret the results of their implementations.
• Take responsibility for their own personal development.
• The facilitator, as manager, sets a series of tasks that each team, led by its nominated supervisor, has to perform using the system.
• The teams give feedback to the supervisors on their performance.
• The facilitator ensures that the teams understand the principles and underlying logic of the system.
• The principles are applied to a short case study that reinforces and extends the understanding of the principles.
• The process is repeated, with ever-increasing numbers of supervision principles, complexity of tasks and depth of feedback
|• Participants extend their understanding of effective supervision, rate themselves on the system and develop a self-development plan